Friday, April 8, 2011

April in Paris

April in Paris has been amazing. The sun has been shining and almost every day has seen temperatures in the 70's. The lilacs and rhododendrens are blooming. The trees are covered with young, bright green leaves.The city is suddenly and dramatically overrun with tourists.This is l'Eglise Saint Eustache, where I've been several times this week.I've been a walking fiend lately. But I tend to document certain types of places more than others.For example, this evening I walked for about an hour and a half in the marais, but I didn't take a single shot until I crossed over to Ile St. Louis. As soon as I get close to the Seine I can't keep myself from snapping away.On Thursday I got off the metro at Pont Neuf and made a big loop around Ile de la Cité and Ile St. Louis, then crossed over to the Left Bank and walked along the quais all the way to the American Church in the 7th for my rehearsal. It took me about three hours.Notre Dame seen from the southwest side.

No comments:

Post a Comment