Monday, March 28, 2011

La Promenade Plantée

On Friday afternoon I went for a walk along the promenade plantée in the 12th arrondissement with my friend Kristin.This is one of those beautiful hidden spots that I would never have discovered if someone hadn't told me about it.
We walked for a few hours...my feet were hurting by the end but it was worth it. It was a gorgeous 70 degree day. Earlier we had met another friend for lunch in the little park by the Tour St. Jacques, which was nice except for the fact that we made the mistake of sitting on a bench right under a tree that the pigeons must have designated as their toilet. I was the first victim to get pooped on.It took us a surprisingly long time to figure out that we needed to move. All in all there were 4 incidents during the course of our lunch.Here's Kristin on the promenade.This is the view from my window later that evening.And here's one of me in my window...

2 comments:

  1. you look lovely; you must have washed your hair when you returned from lunch! Congratulations, also, for your becoming an aunt again! xox, lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you got pooped on for times before moving! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete