Sunday, February 6, 2011

Square des Batignolles

Last Wednesday I took a long walk around my neighborhood and found my way to this little park, about fifteen minutes from my apartment.I instantly loved it. It's sort of like the Parc des Buttes Chaumont on a tiny scale (it was designed by the same guy, as a matter of fact.) It's got all the fake natural beauty elements you find in these English-garden style parks.A man-made pond with plenty of ducks and birds. Rocky, moss-covered cliffs (though they're only a few meters high).A little rustic bridge, perfect for standing and gazing at the water.A gazebo that is highly reminiscent of the sound of music.It even has a path dedicated to one of my new favorite French singers, Barbara.And flower beds with a few flowers blooming already, in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment