Friday, January 21, 2011

Alésia

This is the neighborhood where I'm currently living and cat-sitting.It's definitely a step up from my last neighborhood in terms of atmosphere.I'll be moving again to a new neighborhood on the opposite side of the city next week.And in other news, I took my final oral exam yesterday and so my course at the Sorbonne is officially over. I'm taking a trip to Germany next week to visit an old friend from graduate school. When I get back, I'll have to sort out the details of what I'll be doing with myself all spring.The elevator here was out of service a couple days ago. I only ended up making one trip climbing the 9 floors to the apartment before a neighbor told me how to take the elevator on the opposite side of the building to the 10th floor, climb one flight to the roof, and cross over to the other stairwell where I walk down two floors to my apartment. The fortuitous part of this is that I got to discover the view from the roof.You can actually see the tour eiffel from my bedroom window, too, but the view from the roof is even better.One of my charges making himself comfortable on top of my laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment